Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lose It!

So I have decided that its time to make some changes... I was introduced to an app called Lose It at the beginning of the year and i used it briefly then...but for about a week now i have been using it daily..I put everything that i eat in there every single day and ive realized that im starting to hold myself for accountable for what goes into my mouth... Its really hard around here because my husband isnt exactly a healthy eater and any time i try to buy anything thats healthy he has to "compete" by putting double the amount of unhealthy products in the cart.... I am also a dessert lover... Cakes, brownies, cookies...you name it, I love it! The other day i found myself really wanting some ice cream..so i was reading the side panel and a serving size said it was 1/2 cup. So i pulled out my 1/2 cup measuring cup and scooped the ice cream in and sat to eat it.. My husband looked at me like i was nuts and began digging straight into the carton like usual..... I sat there and slowly savored my 1/2 cup of chocolate reeses peanut butter cup ice cream and when i was done i realized i was satiated... I didnt feel the need to eat more like i would have usually...

I am trying really hard to keep up with this- but it is only the 1st step. I am hoping that i get a lot more comfortable with recording all my food soon because as soon as it becomes a "second nature" to me i will begin incorporating more regular exercise..

Most people set their big goals (ex: I want to lose about 80 lbs total)..but i decided that to begin with my goal would start out small.. I saw on Dr. Oz one day that losing just 10% of your body weight could dramatically improve your health and quality of life... So my first goal is 10%. That is 24 pounds. My lose it app says if i work hard i can achieve that goal by August 22nd of this year...We shall see!

Just wanted to put this little update in here since i really have nothing else to share at this point :)

Thanks for your interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment