Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Absence....

Hello Out There!!!
:)
To those of you who may have read, followed...whatever, In the past.. I am back!

Here is a little update for you, and then I will go straight into a little school day rant for you.

First of all just after my last post, our lease ended at our old house and we had to move. We decided to downsize for a while just so that we could get caught up on some things and not "struggle" quite so much. So from August 2012 until February 2013 we had No Tv, No Internet, No Car... Fast forward to now...
We have TV, Internet and a car and...we welcome a new little one to the Paine bunch..

We will call him Little I. He was born on a Tuesday after only 5 hours of  (induced) labor and 3 pushes. 8lbs 4oz and 21 1/2 inches long! He was a BIG boy and is now 4 weeks old.
Baby J isn't so much of a baby anymore. He turned 1 in November and just keeps getting bigger and bigger! He is adjusting well to being a big brother, but cant quite grasp that Little I cant play yet..

The Princess has gotten SO big! She is 5 years old going on 15..and started Kindergarten this year. She also lost her first tooth this year which was really exciting!\


I signed up to be an Independent Scentsy Consultant back in March and so far so good with that, at least I can say my house never stinks! :)
We extended the lease on our apartment for 6 more months just to give us some time to adjust to having a new baby and to save some money for a move. So by end of February 2014 we should be house hunting for a new place to live, I am hoping to find someplace with a decent sized kitchen and plenty of room for all my babies.

I plan on starting a pretty good lifestyle change here over the next few months so get ready to see lots of "look what I'm eating.." and "weigh in" posts because I want my weight loss journey to continue. I also plan on posting more things I cook in the kitchen and crafts around the house.
Now that we are all caught up, how about a school day rant...

Now the 2014 school year started here last week.. The Princess is in Kindergarten this year and so far she loves it. I haven't been complaining much about having to wake up at 6:30 am..even though I had been up all night (every 2 hours) with a colicky baby, and we have been doing pretty well about getting The Princess to school on time.. only once have I had to go back home and then all the way back to the school because she forgot her backpack. But today in the Pick-Up line after school I noticed something...something I had seen happen before but thought maybe it was just a one day deal.. This white car comes buzzing up past everyone and whips into a parking spot at the end of the lot. For the sake of this post and because I don't know nor have ever met this woman..we will call her Michigan - because that's where her plates were from. Mrs Michigan sits there in her little white car waiting and waiting..when 2:30 comes and we hear the bell ring.. the first day I saw her, she backed out of the parking space and whipped straight up and cut into the front of the line and got out of her car to retrieve her child. :/ "hmm...that's not very fair" I thought to myself.. Then today.. I was Michigan pull into the lot again and wait..and wait...and wait... Bell rings, Michigan backs out of her spot and whips back around to the front..this time instead of pulling in front of the line, she pulls into the middle of two..count them, TWO handicap parking spots. She has no sticker, or tag for a handicap and whips right in there. Gets out of her car in what looked like pajamas and a sweat shirt and walks up to get her child.. Now I understand its not right to judge and god looks down on us for it, But I can not for the life of me understand why this woman can't wait in the Pick Up line like every other mother!!. If its important to her to walk up to the pathway to get her child, then why does she not park in the lot and walk up to the doors like the, oh..idk 25-30 other parents I see standing up there? And if she doesn't want to park and walk then why can't she wait in line??!! ugh...
I really cant stand people who feel entitled to things that they most certainly aren't entitled to... :/

Anyhoo...

Thanks for catching up with me and listening to (er...reading) my rant.
Have a Great Day!!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment